Tuesday 19 April 2016

A copywriting computer?

Over the last few years technology has impacted many industries and also the jobs within those industries.

Creative types like myself generally feel pretty safe in what we do as computers can't do what we do.

Well not yet anyway...

A company called Persado has been developing (or should I say has developed) software that can write what co-founder Assaf Baciu refers to as cognitive content.

I honestly have no idea what cognitive content is by according to Baciu it's copywriting that is primed to get people engaged.

Based on my experience that's exactly what the job description of a copywriter says a copywriter does.

Yikes!

The Persado algorithm must have something going for it as no less than Goldman Sachs recently led a $30,000,000 round of investment in it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see more and more of this sort of thing in the future. However I doubt it's going to replace real copywriters.

It may take a lot of low end copywriting jobs.

But truly creative writers, those who know how to entice and engage by thinking differently will always have a role in the marketing mix.