Thursday 23 January 2014

Is there a Draft in here?

When I was in London in 2000 I went for interviews at Draft and FCB.

I didn't get a great vibe from Draft but loved the Scottish CD at FCB.

Suffice to say I took the job at FCB.

A couple of years later Draft and FCB merged to form DraftFCB.

Which I found kind of ironic at the time as I'd had interviews at both agencies within days of each other.

One of the things that put me off Draft was its name. So so dull.

Not that FCB is a great name. But it was at least an agency with history.

This week I heard hat the combined agency is going to ditch Draft from its name and return to FCB.

Or to give it its full name Foote Cone & Belding.

I can't imagine the damage all this to-ing and fro-ing with names has done to the FCB brand.

But then again what would I know? I'm only an underpaid over-opinionated copywriter.