Monday 21 June 2010

Wankology on 2 wheels


Those who know me know that I’m a fan of Puma. Although like most sports brands these days they seem to be trying a little too hard to be fashionable.

However I was particularly excited to hear they were working on a bicycle line. Especially when I found out that Biomega were involved.

The bikes are kinda interesting. Check them out here.

What isn’t interesting though is the way they describe them. Their website features some of the worst corporate try hard branding wankology I have ever seen.

And I do mean ever.

According to their website, “The urban commuter required a new typology of bikes - the PUMA bikes provide that.”

Typology?

But wait there’s more:

“The bike line combines the European design and the US riding styles, resulting in a completely new Trans-Atlantic bike paradigm.”

Yes you read that right - Trans-Atlantic bike paradigm!

Honestly who writes this crap?

Obviously the sort of people who like, “Finding new solutions and design to help everyday annoyances from riding in the urban environment has been and is the goal.”