Wednesday 7 October 2009

Tits 'n auto


I've worked on a lot of auto brands during my career including Ford, Peugeot, Chrysler and Volkswagen.

And in all that time I never ever wrote an ad quite like this one.

I also never worked on a brief where headlamps were considered a key selling feature for a car.

Honestly who approves this stuff?

Surely someone at Ulster Trader or their agency must have thought this was not a particularly clever idea?

Apparently not. Here's the ad in-situ:


Seems the British Advertising Standards Authority were not too keen on the ad and have just banned it.

I'm surprised they approved it in the first place!

In their defence Ulster Traders argued that their billboard used "light-hearted slang, to what people of both sexes would regard as attractive attributes."

As the Andy Millman character from Extras would say - Are they havin' a laff?

Labels: , ,